Mass Management accreditation is a scheme under NHVAS (National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme) which allows approved operators to carry higher weight limits increasing efficiency and payload dividends through what is called Concessional Mass Limits (CML).
The Scheme is governed and monitored by the NHVR (National Heavy Vehicle Regulator) and by local jurisdiction and enforcement. Depending on which state the vehicle is operating there are in some cases different limits and exemptions.
For operators wanting to operate vehicle at Higher Mass Limits (HML), CML is a minimum requirement coupled with the Intelligent Access Program (IAP) in certain states. IAP is the introduction to GPS monitored pre-approved routes.
(Contact us for more details).
1) The operator must have a system in place including Policies and Procedures document. The operator must also maintain records of driver’s activities with an auditable paper trail to be able to demonstrate compliance to the regulator. This is one of our specialties – fill in the Contact Us page and we’ll get back to you.
2) Training: The drivers need to be trained in their responsibilities under Mass accreditation along with the administration staff who will be involved
3) The operator needs to appoint an NHVAS manager to oversee and manage the accreditation and ensure all activities and responsibilities are met. The nominated person also acts as liaison to NHVR for any correspondence required from time to time.
4) Audits: Audits run in 2 year cycles except the first year. The first year has an Entry audit for the application then a 6 month compliance audit. These are to be conducted by an Exemplar Global certified Auditor.
1) The system itself including all forms and necessary documentation to comply with NHVAS Mass standards.
2) The training for appointed NHVAS manager and administration staff who will be carrying out relative roles.
3) Truck Folders for each of the accredited units containing all the required documentation the driver will need to comply with the standards including Fault Report Repair book.
4) Application form to NHVR
5) Ongoing support via phone and Email. We are also happy to come to site but this will have a cost associated.
6) We provide the system and can arrange for the audit on the same day meaning faster turnaround for approval.
7) We keep customers updated with current laws and legislation and track when your audits are due.